Saturday, October 25, 2008

Organizing Coupons with Little Time

I have had to take a step back from my binder. I simply don't have time to clip each and every coupon I use. Here is the method to my coupon madness:

  1. Get a file folder bin.
  2. Put in some hanging file folders.
  3. Disperse about 26-30 file folders throughout the hanging ones.
  4. Don't label anything just yet...
  5. When you get your coupons on Sunday, take the inserts out.
  6. Collate the inserts.
  7. Place the inserts in the first available file folder.
  8. Label the folder with the date (i.e. 8/24)
  9. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Walla! Your coupons are all organized.

Now, how do you find them, you ask? Click here to view the best deals brought to you by the amazing people at Pinching Your Pennies and contributors. If the coupon says 8/24 SS, go to the file you have labeled 8/24. Find the Smart Source insert and clip the coupon.

Less clipping, more organization...

Now, if you want to search for a coupon, simply go to the PYP Sortable Coupon Link.

Here is how to find your coupons by label (thanks, PYP!):

The date in parentheses is the expiration date.

The information at the end is where the coupon can be found, and the date it was issued:

SS=Smartsource

V=Valassis/RedPlum

P&G=Proctor&Gamble

K=Kraft

LV= La Voz

PH= Presna Hispana

Feel free to e-mail me with any questions! If I don't use a coupon that I clipped, I keep it in a small purse sized coupon organizer (which I got at the Target Dollar Spot). I also do CLIP coupons that I KNOW I will use (i.e. the FREE Sara Lee Bread).

No comments:

Your Ad Here