Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Save Money with Reusable Bags

Fry's, Albertson's and Basha's will all give you $.05 off your grocery bill per bag you bring into the store. It applies to plastic or reusable bags. You may need to remind your cashier to give you this discount. Because of this discount, I have had cashiers give me $.10 when I was buying items that were free.

My favorite is the Trader Joe's bags. They cost $.99 and are extremely durable. They will eventually pay for themselves. Mine have been paid for over and over again and I am also keeping plastic bags out of the landfills.

I also use a insulated bag that I got at Costco for my cold items. This is especially nice when you go to a store that is far. It's also great keeping food cold on long trips.




Another favorite bag of mine is the IKEA blue bag. It is only $.59 and I use them for everything from laundry (this is the BEST space saving laundry basket ever) to picking up the toys in the living room and placing them back in the child zone to shopping at IKEA (of course!). They have also proved useful for traveling.



Plus, I really love bags. As a child my mom called me the "bag lady" because I always drug several of the around the house filled with toys and canned goods. I was a born shopper! It is my humble opinion that a girl can never have too many bags.

No comments:

Your Ad Here